Friday, December 17, 2010

Unwind final discussion

        I finished this book long ago because I read ahead. This tells you how interesting this book is. Yeah can you believe it? I'm actually sucked into a book. I guess this novel is an exception to my opinion of all books are boring.
        Starting off on a reference, both the tithe at Happy Jack and Arianna have pigment injections that change their eye color. The author is trying to hint that Arianna might also be an Unwind by using the reference. The Admiral states that he is living on a twenty five percent alive heart. I don't know how that is possible.Wouldn't he die of cardiac arrest. During the unwinding process, the Unwinds aren't put under. I question the necessity of this practice because in other surgeries, the patients are given anesthetics.
        At the scene where the clappers are ready to detonate, neither one of them wants to explode first. I question why they would want to stall their deaths. They seemed very committed to cause chaos, but they decided to wait. Maybe it's the fact that when it's time to act clappers realized what they are doing is insane. Somewhere in the book, it says clappers are fed lies.
        At Happy Jack harvest camp, I don't know why the Unwinds won't revolt. They outnumber the guards and all the latter can do is fire tranq bullets. Even if the guards had real guns, they still should revolt. Better to die than to be unwound and there is a chance you could survive gunshots. They can't unwind an injured person.
        A big question in this book regards whether unwinding is the same as dying. The only possible way to find out is to unwind someone and then put them back together. If they are still alive by then, then the answer is no. If it is the opposite, then the unwind is dead.
        Although this is a creepy book, I am impressed by the quality of the work. It is one of the best books I have ever read. I give it a 10/10 and would recommend this to any teen or adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment