Friday, December 17, 2010

This is Weird

        Bassam was talking about how people were ripping on Oakland and saying how bad it is. I don't think it's that bad. Reports tell how bad Oakland's crime rate is, but everyone just carries on with their daily lives. No one is hiding at home just because they are scared of getting shot. Our education system is horrible, but we have some companies headquartered in Oakland. This tells you how large and important this city is. The big idea isn't about Oakland though. I was reading along and I ran across this quote:
I bought my PlayStation 3 for only 50 dollars and it was in perfect condition i also buy things like iPhone's and other electronics. the reason that they have all that stuff is because they still from people and sell it then they still it again and sell it again. i am not aloud to go down there even though it is only 10 blocks away from my house, because my dad told me not to blend in with the crowd because he does not want me to steal things like they do.
Although I agree that Oakland is not that bad, Bassam does a really bad job of proving it. There are many things wrong with this quote. First off, why would anyone go down to a bunch of thiefs and buy something from them. They might betray you and mug you. Then they can take all your money. I think Bassam is taking a huge risk by buying merchandise from strangers.
         Secondly, why would you buy stuff that you know is stolen. The stolen items are evidence to whatever case the police are working on. If they manage to track the item to you, you could be arrested because the evidence is in your hands. It wouldn't matter who actually stole it.
         Lastly, why would you post online that you bought stolen items on the streets. You just made it public and now the police can track you to your address using your ip address. Overall, it is not a good idea to tell people that you do this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment