Friday, October 1, 2010

why writing an essay is so difficult

        Writing is one of the things we civil humans do. I don't think it's all that great. Every time I have to write an essay, I wish someone like a liberal donor would come and just hand me an essay that is already done. There are a couple of major reasons why I don't like writing essays.
        I despise the minimum requirement. I don't mind the minimum word requirement, but the page minimum is killing me. Every time I write, I see if my essay fills up a page and most of the time that's not the case. It's kind of annoying because I usually don't have anything left to write about. To stretch the essay, I have to grind and add words and details to the ideas I already have.
        I always finish my essays last because I feel like procrastinating on those devils. I did that back in middle school. If you read the study guide essays I did over the summer, you will find them not very impressive. Another thing is that my hand writing is sort of messy. The page becomes gray because the words are smudged. Letters are stuck together and everything looks out of place.
        Introduction is a main problem for me. I don't know how to start. I spend two minutes just thinking about the first sentence. My intros are usually very boring because i'm not creative. I also don't want to start out cheesy. It gives me chills. Conclusions are not my type either. How do I end my essays still remain a mystery to me. Again, I want to avoid being cheesy. I hear that in college there will be ten page essays, but you won't see me in those classes.
        My old teachers tell me that I write too little and I think it is true. My line paper would have thirty-three lines and I only fill twenty-five lines. The last lines of each paragraph only contain a few words and I have to admit that I am doing pretty well on writing this blog post. I think I will go sleep now.

2 comments:

  1. I responded here http://billylau12345.blogspot.com/2010/10/devins-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I responded here just like bully:
    http://islandofreading.blogspot.com/2010/10/repsonse-post.html
    heey devinnn

    ReplyDelete